Infection control and your wellbeing has always been of paramount importance in our practice. To ensure we provide the safest possible environment for all our patients, staff and the wider community during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have put in place additional infection control measures which you can read about below.
New safety measures inside the practice
- We have invested in a new air filtration system that purifies the air, a process known as “air scrubbing”, in our surgery rooms.
- Surgery rooms, dental chairs and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between every patient.
- We will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). As well as the usual gloves, masks and visors, we will also be wearing surgical gowns and will continue to change gloves between patients as usual.
- On arrival, we will require you to use hand sanitiser and your temperature will be checked using a no touch thermometer.
- We have implemented a daily health screening and log for the screening of all staff.
- All communal areas of the practice are cleaned prior to the practice opening, at lunchtime and at the end of the day.
- Our waiting room now has spacing between seats to allow for social distancing and no longer offers newspapers and magazines as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
Changes we have made to the appointments procedure
Before an appointment can be made, we will ask you to confirm that neither you nor anyone in your household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the previous 14 days.
- Appointment times are now managed to allow for social distancing and additional cleaning of surgery rooms between patients. This may mean that initially you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We ask that you attend alone wherever possible. This does not apply to children under the age of 16 or carers of those who have support needs.
- Please bring as little to the appointment as possible. We ask that you do not bring shopping bags to the appointment as these will not be permitted into the surgery rooms.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the surgery on 01525 381391
We look forward to seeing you all again and welcoming you back to our practice.
Neil and Reinet Du Preez