We offer both conventional dentures and implant supported dentures to our patients in Leighton Buzzard and the surrounding areas.
The range of dentures we offer include:
- Acrylic dentures
- Chrome / Cobalt dentures
- Implant supported dentures
What are implant-supported dentures ?
In order to secure your dentures, specially designed titanium posts (typically 2 to 4) are gently placed into the jaw bone to enable them to bond with healthy bone and form a solid and permanent base.
Dentures are then adapted to fit on the implants either in removable or permanent form.
Why choose implant-supported dentures ?
People who have conventional dentures often find they don’t stay in place. A rapidly growing number of patients are now opting to secure their dentures with implants as they offer a range of benefits:
- restore full chewing ability
- improve speech and confidence
- increase comfort with less irritation of gum tissues
- no more denture adhesive required
- can often use existing dentures
- minimally invasive procedure
What are the options for dentures ?
- loss of chewing ability
- difficult to maintain a healthy diet
- become loose and unstable over time
- may lead to bone loss
Implant supported dentures
- full chewing ability
- allow for a normal diet
- remain stable in your mouth
Frequently asked questions about dental implants
It is sometimes possible, however, to attach new dentures or a titanium bridge (also referred to as “all on four”) immediately after the placement of the implant.